Sunday, October 7, 2018

REVERB- NUX NRV2 Oceanic Reverb ...studio quality DSP in a reverb that is dirt cheap!!!!

 NUX NRV2 OCEANIC REVERB 

$70.00 USD
I have had several Nux products over the years
Where Nux shines is in digital FX. The older product sounded
easily as good as TC Electronic but at half the price.
In the last year they have had their sites on the mainstream just
like Mooer already has done.
They want their product in your favourite Bricks & Mortar store
and on sites like Sweetwater.

They have always had well made well designed pedals but
now they have pushed up the spec.

They are using 32 bit DSP studio grade components.


They are also doing the TC Electronic thing of letting you
download new sounds.
The Oceanic reverb is aimed at the TC Electronic HOF
pedal a favourite mini pedal a lot of guys like me bought as
 their always on reverb because it only holds one sound but
you can download your choice.

The basic sound it comes with is a plate. Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon went thru a plate over the entire mix. We all know how good that sounded. In a recent poll from a very large public survey of the best record ever made it came in number one. It even scored a healthy margin over the Beatles. lol
The thing is a plate sounds stellar on guitar as you can even put an excessive amount on it with zero muddiness.



CONCLUSION
Well my pedal arrived. I plugged it in the sound is superb. It so tight and uncluttered that you can leave it on all night like a Fender Amp's spring reverb. 
The really cool thing is you can run it quite wet and get a big deep sound from it without getting any mud or mess. 
The quality is as good as the very best made but the price is incredible.

I am seriously considering a second one!!!

I would then put the first in with my American OD's and another on my Brit OD's with a different sound patch. I will then put my TC Electronic on my FUZZ loop and finally leave my Neunaber in with my Shredders loop for that larger than life huge sounds!


Damn impressive piece of gear!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I totally agree with you.
    Being a musician is one thing but you have to play on a lot of things to educate your hears.
    Some people consider Nux as a one more bad Chinese cheap pedals they're wrong!!and they are less and less chgeap!
    I play on Atlantic ,with a Nux chorus, markII od.. Those guys are really in acoustic research..
    Thank you for the post and forgive my French English!!
    Friendly, Arno

    ReplyDelete