Wednesday, November 15, 2017

MOOER Radar speaker simulator...turn your amp into another brand with a click

 MOOER RADAR Cabinet simulator 

$150.00 USD
1 Amp 12v adapter incl.

OK kiddies gather around and listen carefully to your Uncle Paul.

You probably are playing a modest combo amp Yes?

Your amp may not be the best but eventually etc.
But best or not it could be great to turn it into Vox or a Fender or a Marshall just by dialing up the name.


OK...the video is comprehensive but damn confusing if you just want for example pick out a tank like 4x12 cab stick it on the end of your board  ...turn it on and send the lead out to the input of your amp.

Part of the sound when you get the pedal is a generic amp sound in your Radar pedal. If you are using it to record direct fine.
BUT IF YOU HAVE THE PEDAL BOARD AT THE END OF THE CHAIN OF PEDALS THEN TURN  OFF the Amp sound in the Mooer  Radar!!!!

Now you can scan through the choose amp sound that you want to preceed your amp that is set clean and neutral so it becomes the generic substitute in the pedal that you just turned off.

As Mooer says just stick this pedal on the end of your board.









You can use a Fender Twin or Vox AC30 for clean and perhaps a 4x12 for a Marshall Plexi pedal.
Is it convincing.
I expect in comparison NO.
But at least one of the choices will improve your sound measurably over not having this pedal.



The Marshall 4x12 Marshall cab does not have the resonant thump I was hoping for but it makes setting up just the right sound for a tune both faster and much better then an EQ.

Some may recall that I ordered a HOTONE XTOMP Mini.
Although it is an all bells and whistles pedal that you can download a very good 'digital' anything ...OD, chorus, flanger, delay etc. etc.
 I wanted it for it's a nice Marshall 4x12 cabinet.patch.WITH THE CLASSIC THUMP.
I still will be getting this too.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, I'm very interested in hearing your experience with this pedal when you get it. I'm particularly interested in the quality of the headphone jack, as I'm thinking this would be great to use for late night sessions if connected after my beatbuddy and looper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just come back to this Blog... they shipped my pedal today. So I will get it in just a few days.
    Actually if it is as good as I hope I may buy a second one.
    The first one is for my high gain OD's.
    But I am hoping I can find a patch on it with 10's that will work great by scooping the EQ for my low gain OD's
    so I can get closer to a 60's Fender clean sound.
    I have the high gain & low gain OD's in separate loops on mt Boss ES-5 loop switcher.
    So one box for a Marshall 4x12 and another for an open back Fender combo is the way to go.
    So this blog will get very long over time if I go for the second box.LOL

    ReplyDelete