Sunday, September 17, 2023

OVERDRIVE- PAST FX PEDALS Revolution v.2 ___ NEW___ a clone of a clone ...BUT!!!

PAST FX 
REVOLUTION 
$150.00 USD
Pete Cornish made the G2 Distortion Pedal for Dave Gilmour. It was up until his death in Nov. 2022 at about $600 USD each. It was meant to be to be the best 
of 3 Big Muffs, and a Colorsound Boost all in one. Gilmour did use a Rat occasionally and that is in there too.
Steve Painter's Buffalo FX  made a clone. The Evolution up until 2020 when he closed mysteriously having taken money for pedals but not delivering them. His pedals of which there are several had a big underground word of mouth following. In short people wanted them. So Past FX came to the rescue with several. The revolution is perhaps the most popular.
CONCLUSION ___
It sounds very aggressive. It has balz and bite to spare. I do not hear much sustain in it but you could stack something for that. I do love 
it but my personal gig is a 3 piece. I do not have other players filling 
in my spaces and a great sustain does that. 
The price is very good more than fair.

Buffalo Evolution
check out where it came from
                                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. This or the Vick Audio V2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vick admits he does his own thing to make a sound he likes and PastFX try's to focus on cloning the original sound. In other words they are going to be different. I tend to go for the closet clone of a pedal because neither pedal is going to be a perfect clone but I am wary of someone fixing something that is not broken. Sometimes I am wrong and the hot rodded pedal did get rid of flaws out of old pedals that do not show up on any recording but can drive me crazy hearing them while I'm playing. Guy in the past usually played at high levels and that amp added a lot to the sound so old tech pedals do not have that high volume to help in this age of 30 and 40 watt amps even on concert hall stages. I have Tonebender made of entirely NOS original parts that is unreliable and only sounds great on some days. I kept it but it is not on my board.

    ReplyDelete