Monday, October 5, 2020

OVERDRIVE- FUHRMANN Punch Box ....OCD with more?


 FUHRMANN PUNCH BOX OVERDRIVE
$130.00 USD

From Brazil comes a company that is all about reinventing all the favourites with a no compromise build and a cheap price.
The Punch Box has one foot firmly in OCD territory. They even use a similar casing. To be fair they do use this heavy steel casing for all their pedals.

The layout is familiar with Level, Drive, Bass and Highs with switch with a mid boost.
CONCLUSION
To my ears the overall tone shows very little difference but the Punch Box is noticeably a little fatter. Have 2 way EQ is certainly appreciated. I usually add bass since I am in a 3 piece and it fills it out.
As for the price it is quite good ...but recently Fulltone has dropped the price by $30 so the price is the same.
You might want to wait for a price war ;-)

I have a OCD clone ...or more to the point a total replica
Yes folks a forgery made by Moogoo and sold for $35.00 USD. 
I bought it out of curiosity. I was expecting the usual
thin sounding clone. I put beside my friends old OCD 
and any difference was inconsequential.

No comments:

Post a Comment