Saturday, February 23, 2019

OVERDRIVE- LAWRENCE PETROSS DESIGNS LPD Seventy 4 __UPDATED!!!!__KILLER PEDAL!!!

 LAWRENCE PETROSS DESIGNS LPD SEVENTY 4 
A '74 Plexi and it sounds like one too. It is fat, rich and sumptuous with the LPD tradition of maintaining all
the detail in the harmonics and overtones. Many makers
do not take the time nor use the audiophile parts to capture even half this detail.
The layout is just like the amp that it so beautifully emulates, with an EQ of high, mids and lows and presence. If you see the gain as your preamp volume and the level as the master it is all there.
Trust me I have owned 2 Plexi's and I own one now. This pedal is the real deal!

Better still it acts just like the amp too. It is not hard to tweak it to match your rig and the results are a dream sound you have heard on records but never played yourself!

In short ...this is ...IT !!!

I will have to use both the prototype video and one made spontaneously just a short while ago.
I expect more will come from reviews soon.
The 'Tone King' is an LPD convert. Some of you guys find this New Jersey boy a bit too rough. But trust me ...I have exchanged many, many letters with him and you will not find a nicer guy. What is more you can discuss some pretty heavy sh@t with him and he can hold up his end as well as any University Prof. He finances most of his show out of his own pocket. In short he can not be bought!
The guy has a lot of depth.

NEW VID !!!
Check out the Keven Eknes video.
If ya never heard of the guy then your mental list of killer players
has a major 'oops' on it that you can fix right now. LOL
The guy is an 'original' with a Metal style ...modern but all his own.
The only modern Metal guy I like instead of merely respect!!!

CONCLUSION
I have two boards linked together as one ...with 66 pedals on them ...mostly all high end boxes too.
I use 23 OD's and 1 Fuzz pedals. This is certainly good enough to be one of my 3 best. It is a keeper ...big time keeper!!! To get an idea of how good my OD's are ...I sold both my Friedman BE-OD and my Dirty Shirley because they were not good enough. Seriously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment