Monday, February 18, 2019

OVERDRIVE- KOR Oracle ...is it just a Brunetti Mercury rip off???

 KOR ORACLE Distortion/Crunch 
$200.00 USD

Kor like Brunetti is also made in Italy but they are strictly into pedals  I will have to check out their other boxes.
Kor say that it an original concept that they have made a dirt box with a 3 stage distortion. Of course many have done so.
It all gets down to giving you a hands on access to manipulating the stages either with knobs or switches. Some makers say nothing and make the gain knob simply a full range sweep from low to high gain.
Kor uses a switch to choose crunch or distortion. The
voice knob controls the mids hence the scoop on it in the video.

In the end it's the sound. Hobbyists may have fun with lots of bells and whistles but pro's want to either set up a pedal for the whole night or only have to tweak it occasionally.
It is possible to either scoop or boost the mids which is not the case with the Mercury.

CONCLUSION
I like them both. The Mercury is fatter but I really like that bit of scoop that the Oracle has.

1 comment:

  1. I make tons of pedals . I really love the mercury box . It uses Jfets and I spent a lot of time finding the right ones for this build . I’m I to hard rock not metal as much . I changed the tonestack just a tad for a little more brightness . Even in the videos it’s a very dark pedal . Similar to a fuzz overdrive combination . Just found this site I’ll be back !

    ReplyDelete