Thursday, December 27, 2018

OVERDRIVE- GREER AMPs Little Sampson ...not another Plexi? Yup! BUT ;-)

$200.00 USD
 GREER AMPS LITTLE SAMPSON 
Well what can I say about a Plexi ? What can I say that I haven't
said before?  Not much.
Oddly enough I never get tired of the Plexi pedal. The only think that
pedal makers sell more then these is another Tube Screamer.

So it is easy to see this is a simple rig. Just volume, gain' and tone.
A Plexi should have adequate lows, enormous lower mids and be just a little weak in the upper mids but have some nice defined highs.
The actual amp can give you highs that rip your face off. No one gets to silly with that because tends to thin out the overall sound. It also must give you good note definition even dimed. The best ones have the best definition and a really nice sustain ...not so much as in length but in the tone of the sustain. If you slam down hard on the strings the sound should almost make a gasp ...followed by a swelling in the level.

If you want a good laugh I have at least 10 Plexi pedals and I love and use them all ...I have sold as many to get these as I kept finding better.
I run them at unity gain through my amp set to just under breakup. In other words pretty clean. And what amp is that ???  A 50 watt Plexi of course.  LOL  LOL LOL 

So give it a listen and check off the 'must have' list.

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment