Saturday, October 20, 2018

DELAY- CATALINBREAD Belle Epoch Deluxe ...bang on clone of the Maestro Echoplex tape echo

 CATALINBREAD BELLE
EPOCH DELUXE ECHO UNIT 
$360.00 USD

A classic echo given the stomp box treatment.
I have owned a few Catalinbread pedals & I love the accuracy of their clones.
The sounds are usually dead on. Well sort of ?
the problem I find is they somehow manage to make the sound thin or lack any exciting dynamics.
I owned an echoplex tube model in
the late 60's that I kept until 66 so I know
the sound very well. True it was the tube jobbie.

Even so no detail of the sound is missed.


CONCLUSION
I would compare it to the Dawner Prince Booner ...Binson Echorec pedal. Yes Catalinbread make an Echorec too ...but when it comes 
to a vintage echo recreation this is the one to beat.
I have it on my short list.
$350.00 USD

Note: You can order direct  from Dawner Prince and Zoran is one great guy 
to deal with. These are guys you can trust!!!

And while I am thinking of it check out their RED ROX distortion
In a blindfold test it ate 35 of the worlds best alive!!!
I got one and it crushes the Friedman BE-OD and that is one pedal to beat !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment