Sunday, October 7, 2018

59 LES PAUL TONE- A TEST ...compare your guitar to a '59 ...it's actually very easy.

 LES PAUL TEST 

This may be more about having some fun then anything Scientific.
BUT ! What the f_ _k!!!

This is my idea. The only serious different thing about one LP that will always be different from another is the tone the wood makes. The PU's and hardware can be cloned.
So why not strum across the strings of a '59 acoustically and to compare doing the same thing on your guitar ???

 DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A '59 and 2002 GIBSON LES PAUL SOUND and RESONANCE 

Just go to 1:30 copy the cords and basic method then listen.
Tune your guitar to the video. Use new strings. Most luthiers use a standard set of D'Addario.
so my best guess is to try that.

TEST AREA 1:30 to 1:40


I find the '59 sounds mildly bright with an emphasis in the upper mids.
My best shot was comparing my PRS SE245 LP wanna-be :-)
My mids are a bit lower and my overall tone is darker.

ENJOY!
It definitely is fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment