Sunday, January 21, 2018

TREBLE BOOSTER- ANANASHEAD Byrd Song ...F.-ing unreal!!!! a '66 Vox 806 perfect replica!!! not just a clone as we all know that term is now meaningless!



Soon to be released!!!
 ANANASHEAD BYRD SONG TREBLE BOOSTER 

A 1966 VOX treble booster clone ...the original ones were only made for one year. They are rare and sell for a cool $500.00 USD.
An incredible high boost without a trace of distortion. Unreal. I own  prototype #1.
Roger McGuinn of the Byrds had one built right into his 12 string Ric and Tom Petty was never without his.
Soon to be released!
It has been a long wait because getting the exact parts is NOT easy!!!

I bought a Digitech Mosaic 12string FX pedal but not until I got this did I appreciate how damn cool this pedal is.


It works so good I bought a brand new Fender Duo Sonic and without even trying it out I had a Rickenbacker high gain PU put in the neck position Duncan hand wound  '55 Tele put in the bridge. The Tele PU when used with the Byrd Song going thru my Supro OD and the Ric thru the 12 String FX ....is to die for. Both PU with just a touch of OD give me 2 of Petty's best sounds!!!

FENDER RIC-O-TELE
So it will not be long. A price has not been set but I expect about $150.00 USD. If so because this pedal is an exact clone ...and being the only one still in production on the planet it is a total steal!!!!
I even tried it on my Strat thru a medium gain OD and got a really good Brian May sound. Since a lot of you guys have this combination you can get a damn lot of use out of it. What I love about it like the original there is nothing to tweak. The sound is perfection ...you just turn it on and Rock!!!
Guys with Ric's have drove me nuts with mail wanting to know when they can get their hands on one.
So stay tuned if you want one (and who wouldnt!!!) because the line up will be looooooong!!!

$46.00 USD

So if you want to take the sound all the way use a compressor ...I found a great one. What is even better it is cheap. The Mooer Yellow Comp. It sounds like a studio compressor because it is optic. How cool is that!

Better still you can get one on Aliexpress for $46.00 USD delivered free to your mailbox.
If you don't have a comp already this is dead cheap way that I feel you all can scratch together for your whole rig.

If you have tried a comp and did not like it you have absolutely tried an
'Operational Trans Conductant Amplifier' type better known as one based
off of the MXR Dyna Comp/ Ross compressor! Because 99% of all guitar comps are one of these!!! Optic comps do not have a nasty 'pop' when you hit hard on the strings, They are near transparent!!!

I already have a Wampler EGO compressor so I put the Mooer in front of my 12 string FX and the EGO after for double the compression which is what McGuinn does in the studio.
Oh my ...it gives me shivers to hear 'that' sound.

But lots of compressors work quite well.
The important key is the Vox  806 sound!!!!



The BYRD SONG is the key that unlocks that big locked door!
Stay tuned ...I will keep you posted with updates!!!!

MARCH 25/18 
Go to the Post ...TREBLE BOOSTER-Byrd Song FINAL UPDATE

No comments:

Post a Comment