Friday, August 25, 2017

SYNTH- Electro Harmonix Synth 9 ....the real deal ...a great variety of useful sounds

  Electro Harmonix SYNTH 9                                                            

$225.00 USD

I have always been blown away with Synths since the ELP Tarkus LP.

A Mini Moog and a piano are as different as an Martin and a Les Paul playing through a dimed Marshall. 
A keyboard player approaches both the Piano and a Synth differently
Take any guitar Synth and play a few hot guitars riffs thru it. I guarantee it will sound like Sh@t.
To get the best from a Synth you have to put your ordinary guitar playing aside.
For a quick example of how get started. Try playing single note riffs. Keep your fingers from giving any movement to the strings. Definitely no bends or trills. In short play like a robot, an automaton ...stilted and wooden. Yes you will have to loosen up a bit later but right away it will sound very keyboard like.
There have been many types of Synths over the years but nothing beats an analog synth.
The sound is totally unique. It does not try to be anything but the unique instrument it is.
EH make the SYNTH 9 that have the sounds taken from the best of the best 60's, 70's & 80's Synths. 



When the first great poly Synths came out in the 80's followed by computer based sequencers the world of music changed drastically and over night! Guitarist were starting to end of their reign of the Kings of Rock. In fact guitar sales tanked. A well kept secret...Ibanez started talking about closing its doors because they were loosing money ...I only know this because I worked for one of their distributors demonstrating pedals at trade Shows.
As for me I thought. Hell these things are so new why not get into myself.
It was not long before I was teaching Keyboard players how to program analog synths and how to work sequencers. Especially PC based software sequencers.

So my point is I think this is the best Synth out there. If I don't know who does. LOL

Simple...it triggers just great from any ordinary electric guitar ...no special pickups
or equipment needed. The best stuff on it are the monophonic bass line type sounds and the big pads.

There are lots of Bricks & Mortar Music Shops out there that sell EH...so go check one out.


I want one but I intended to wait until I built a new board the same size but to be both lighter but very compact so as to accommodate about 60 pedals instead of 50 that are jammed in so they are not as convenient to use.
A new board takes 2 to 3 weeks to build and 2 more weeks to place and wire up the pedals and then trouble shoot.
It is a big job.
BUT...a good deal on a used one with a $60.00 saving was hard to pass up.

So I will be back with a 'HANDS ON' review when I get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment