Sunday, August 8, 2021

FUZZ- FUZZ IMP TopJack Horseman ....not your granddads Klon

 FUZZ IMP TOPJACK HORSEMAN 

$120.00 USD
Not your granddad's Klon indeed!! A very straight foreword pedal with a simple volume tone and gain.
It is a medium gain Fuzz like a Russian Muff. Otherwise you would not have all the definition the attack on the notes and chords have. Yes I know Fuzz and medium gain are a misnomer but there you go ...you have oneA very nice total contradiction.
The Klon icing is accomplished by adding a clean boost into the signal. The trick is in the blend. That part makes or breaks the sound.
CONCLUSION
A killer pedal for doing massive power chords behind a vocal. A great way to get a dirt pedal to do the work of a keyboard player using one of those huge impressionistic quasi string section sounds. A killer sound to use behind a good singer. This is a limited run ...so limited I can not even get a proper pic. I just 'snapped' this right off the screen. We will soon find out if I'm right. I just ordered one. At the price it is worth a shot!
...the video is a nice straight forward B.S. free demo of the sounds you can get out of the pedal.. ...and from what I hear it really delivers! 

.


             HANDS ON

THE FINE PRINT
It arrived and after trying it I found it is indeed everything you hear in the video.
I tried many things I do that I use Fuzz pedals for and I found it has such a 
massive sound it in effect took over.
I feel it is at it's best stacked on my Occvlt Tomb Grinder Fuzz. It kept the Grinder's 
nasties and it's tight sound but tamed any harhness. The results are a dirt 
sound that is exciting but massive. I can shred with it as before yet 
Grinder does not make the sound slugish.

No comments:

Post a Comment