Saturday, August 14, 2021

REVERB ZCAT PEDALS Big TI Reverb ...why I hate ambiance Verb!!! ...except?

 ZCAT PEDALS BIG TI REVERB 

$150.00 USD mono
$200.00 USD stereo
I write every tune I play. At the moment that is 26 tunes. I want a pedal ...any pedal that can enhance what I have written. I can indeed add the sound of a room, hall or even a church etc. But I can not turn on any of the hundreds of ambiance reverb and simply play.
The ambiance reverb IS the instrument. You play a single note or chord and then you wait, and you wait. Until that sound fades away you can not play another note or chord unless you want all that complex pixie dust to clash with your next chord. At best it turns your sound to mud or at it's worst adds extreme discord. 
 Even if you write something to accommodate the verb you have another problem. A single cord becomes a show onto itself. It is like having a great catchy riff ...wonderful in a tune ..but it is tiresome if it keeps showing upon every tune. In short that terrific sound called 'An Angel Farts at Night' puts that recognizable fart in every tune you use it for. It is not coloring your music. It is your music.

BIG BUT!  The ZCAT has a very smooth simple Plate late like sound that has no annoying pulsing modulation nor constantly changing colors. You can set it so you can control the length of the sustain so you can change chords and notes without them colliding with each other. The sound is so dense you can leave your guitars signal right out of the mix and play it like you are playing synth.
CONCLUSION
Will I write parts for it. At first I already have tunes where I play power chords that I hold for 4 and 8 bars that it would add a lot. I also have a synth I can add to it or I can stick with the heavy Fuzz things I use.
I am sure I will write more ambitious things for it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment