Friday, March 17, 2017

OVERDRIVE- M.I. AUDIO MEGALITH DELTA high gain distortion ....attitude plus!!!!


M.I. AUDIO  MEGALITH DELTA high gain distortion

Today we go to Sydney Australia.
It seems that to get originality and creative and exceptional pedals we now must search the world and look under every rock. BUT they 'are' out there.

Amp makers making a pedal of their own amp is getting to be the norm. This time it MI with a pedal of their Megalith Beta 180 watt amp. Micheal Ibrahim designed both.

To be fair... M.I. probably were the first to make a pedal to clone their amp...as this pedal has been around since 2006. In fact this is v.2
,
This is a straight up high gain Distortion box.
A shredder for all and a basic Metal pedal for some.

The EQ is very effective unlike many such boxes. The contour knob tightens the sound, and the boost adds a bit of bite to the top end and boosts the bottom to give it a bit of a low end 4x12 thump.
Every control has a very wide range. In a pedal with this much gain the EQ is usually less then useful. The variety of tones on this pedal is exceptional!!!

$250.00 USD


It is quite a nice gritty distortion ...fat & tight with no nasty fizz.
Best of all it easily jumps into a great controllable  feedback.
This pedal is a treat!!!
Even if something this high gain is not your thing ...wouldn't you just love to satisfy that guilty pleasure of yours and be able to borrow it for a weekend!!!





This is without any doubt the 'heaviest' Metal style pedal ever made that based on a classic tube tmp..
Yes...not the most extreme. The honour goes to the Goosoniqueworx Kult...but making an all tube amp that is based on it's sound is beyond probable ...I think most likely impossible since it has more gain then the M.I. with the gain set on ....(wait for it!) ....ZERO!!!!!!!!!!

I own a couple of decent Fuzz boxes that I use on an anthem like chorus or two. I am not a modern metal player I am attempting to blend into the Indie scene. The things I play behind the vocals are genre appropriate and are just fine. BUT ...whereas Indie might pop in some Hardcore ...I sneak in an early Sabbath/AC/DC type vibe on riffs and hooks for the intro and bridges. Doing this on a bright sunny yellow Airline guitar helps pull off my bluff. LOL                                                      

No one but a guitar player has noticed. Hell it's a good thing too because I have 4 JCM 800 and 5 Plexi pedals.

 So I bought one so I had to bump the Apocalypse Fuzz. The M.I. is  not only as aggressive as a fuzz it still has some of that big balls tube amp sound. 

I have put my APOCALYPSE FUZZ on Reverb.

READ

OVERDRIVE-ALEKS K PRODUCTION RED SCORPION DISTORTION
OVERDRIVE-PIOD FX WHAT YOU WANT 2   

these 2 pedals are the classic Marshall sounding ...alternative choices









No comments:

Post a Comment