Sunday, November 4, 2018

OVERDRIVE- ORANGE Bax Bangeetar ...an Orange tone stack in a box

 ORANGE BANGEETAR 

$380.00 USD
A bit obvious ...this is oranges take on an Orange tone stack in a box.
In the '70s Orange sold the bulk of their amps from a store in London's West End. I went there a few times. I found it all very odd. I had a nice 50 watt Plexi at the time but the hot amp to own was a Hi Watt. I was young an insecure enough to rather have a Hi Watt.if I had the money. lol
I did think they looked cool. I felt they sounded some where between the middle of the two.The Hi Watt has a lot more headroom then either and is more like some of today's gourmet jobbies.
I could not afford either at the time so I
went back to my Plexi.

Well I digress.
Lemmy's review is comprehensive. Like me he finds it an acquired taste. If you love the Orange sound you will love the pedal. But for many Orange either sounds clean or excessively too hi gain. There is no middle ground. I got to hand it too Orange unlike the endless Marshall pedals which all sound different and have you asking yourself which one really is a Marshall they managed to escape the term Brit Pedal and have given us an Orange sound!
A choice of colours is a nice touch.

The pedal like the amp is as I said an acquired taste. I find it sounding thin in spite of the gain. To my ears it sound like they blended the clean sound back into the dirt and the straight clean guitar sounds scratchy. The price is an OUCH! In fact it is the same price as the Surprise Sound Lab HVO which is total mind blower!!! It's not an amp for this guy! The HVO though is a gotta have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment