Saturday, October 21, 2017

GIBSON BANKRUPT ???


Gibson are $520,000,000 USD in Debt

NO GIBSON ARE NOT YET BANKRUPT

New models were more about old models with gimmicky add ons or funny paint jobs.
The quality has slipped so bad that even young first time buyers do not need an education
not to miss it.
Recently hundreds of Les Pauls have been shipped with a bridge that does not match or fit into the stop tail piece. The two anchors that the stopbar fits into are too wide so the stop bar leaning forward and the strings then drag across the back of the bridge causing rattles and minor damage.
This affects both the playability and look of the guitar. It also can cause minor damage. It is easy to see and easy to hear the buzz and rattle.
Therefore!!!!
Management has had to have not only known ....but approved of the sale of hundreds of guitars.

The prices on many of the more popular guitars have gone way beyond just a luxury tax to stupid.
Very high quality Korean guitars with niether a sloppy fit and finish or design flaws at REASONABLE prices have finally made Korea the NEW JAPAN!!!

PRS makes a reasonable alternative product with better design ...better fit and finish yet still respects the public's comfort with a traditional look and ascetic.
Which is a nice way of saying it blows the Gibson product out of the water.

One thing that comes absolutely free with every PRS that you can not get from Gibson.
Company integrity.

Well Kids Old Gibby Gibson is here to tell you about all the new features of the new 2018 Gibson's
lets talk about the new LP.
This year it is entirely made of triple A hand select recycled toilet paper
and with only a small increase in price from last year .....
This is done by Gibson's new Pay to Play
every month after you own it you pay a small fee to get the password that unlocks
the pickups for another month's playing enjoyment !!! 


I have a Korean made Airline myself...it not only is well made it  uses grade A woods. The fit and finish is superb. With an identical PAF pickup in it it sounds like my Les Paul with only a minor difference. The Airline has a easily noticeable longer sustain the the Gibson. LOL

Recent products like cheap made in the USA budget guitars are not only poorly executed. They have a very bad fit and finish.
They are made in China...then are then sent as parts to the USA for unskilled workers to quite simply screw together. This makes them LEGALLY MADE IN THE USA.

What is even worse in my book is that the necks are attached to the body flat so to make it impossible to get a low action on the guitars. Because the bodies and necks are made on a CNC machine it does not cost a nickel more to put the correct pitch. they dumbed down the guitar to encourage you to move up to a pricier version.
Thanks to the web bad news travels fast and there are guys like me that are hear to give you a heads up.
Greed got them into this spiral down.
.....the new greed will jet propel them into a crash landing!!!



  MY GIBSON LES PAUL REISSUE 



Like everyone who loves their OLD Gibson I do not hate Gibson guitars I hate what a profound mismanagement has done to the product. I bought this guitar in 2006 and although I do not like purposely distressed finishes I bought it. I got from an insurance claim I made because of a theft.
and although I think I would rather have got an LP Junior it was artificially priced much higher.

I have no issues with the guitar other then I have had both an SG and a Gold top with soapbars I do not like them. So I had the bridge PU changed to a Pearly Gates that I got from a guy who owed me money . I usually would put the Duncan 59's ....so I was not looking forward to the mod.
Surprise!!! This all mahogany guitar and the Pearly is beyond awesome. This is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned and I have owned 2 vintage 50's LP's and a 63 Strat!!!

AS MUCH AS I LOVE GIBSON DO NOT BUY A NEW ONE!!!!

It it just not worth the risk.
You should be able to walk into the room that your guitar is sitting on a stand and get a buzz just looking at it!!
If you can not because of issues with the instrument...it would be better to give it away then have it!!!

There are lots of other choices...
If you are ready for a bigger purchase then go for the PAUL REED SMITH (PRS) they are very similar to Gibson in so many ways.
BUT...the quality is as good or better than a 50's Gibson. The attitude and service of the company is stellar!!!

If you just want a great guitar ... buy a used GODIN ...many are
Gibson like in the basic look but are still noticeably Godin.

I just got one for less than $275.00 USD and the quality is better than Gibson for the woods ...and every aspect of fit and finish.
if you need to tailor the final tone you can start with a great brand name pickup bought and installed. At this point you have an amazing guitar for less than $500.00 USD. 

In fact you would have to spend at least another $1000.00 to even come close.




No comments:

Post a Comment