Saturday, June 3, 2017

OVERDRIVE- Rock Fabrik Effects MIND ABUSE DISTORTION ...WOW !!! but is it better then ?

ROCK FABRIK EFFECTS 

MIND ABUSE Distortion


Great dirt boxes from all over the globe is fast becoming the norm. It is great to finally have some real choice. This time it is from Turkey.
Only a year ago I would hear a half dozen OD's and only one or two would stand out.
Very quickly they would become the 'must have' of the day.
That little switch on the side of this pedal gives you the equivalent of 3 entirely different sounds and quite probably 3 different players who play 3 different styles of music. These 3 players will only ever use one of them because the the 3 sounds are all outstanding but cover 3 styles of playing.
If of course you were in a cover band or wedding band playing a wide range of diverse  music this would be a godsend. Zero compromise on sound no matter what the challenge.
I hate to admit it but this is easily in the category of several pedals I have recommended in the last couple of months.
I think this pedal is going to kick a few American makers butts. They will have to get back to the drawing boards. The only US soldier still standing is Friedman with their BE-OD.I know I will not be dumping mine soon.


If you bought any one of my 4 best dirt boxes in the last few months do not be dismayed... this is NOT better just different. But as I said ...IT IS GREAT TO FINALLY HAVE SOME CHOICE!!!


$250.00 USD

Brett Kingman seems to think this is 'IT' for once I actually disagree. Sound is everything. If this were judged as 3 different boxes it would still get 10 out of 10 ...BUT I think I could find 3 actually different OD'S that would get 11.
It could not bump any pedals I have on my board ...BUT if my board were bigger I think it would be coming home.

1 comment:

  1. Kingman's demo sold me on it. I've heard em all and there is no better

    ReplyDelete