Sunday, October 16, 2016

OVERDRIVE- DR. SCIENTIST THE ELEMENTS .....a DIY where you do not make the pedal but it's tone

D.I.Y.

DR. SCIENTIST THE ELEMENTS
Made by a husband and wife team near Edmonton Alberta Canada. A very interesting approach.
They took all the elements that pedal makers use to make the voicing for an overdrive but instead of creating a 'voice' for the pedal and allowing you to cut a few highs and boost the gain...then set the overall volume ...they put a knob on every part inside that shapes the sound. In short you can then 'voice' your own pedal. So here you have it. You can shut up about finding your own unique sound.
You have no excuses. Or you can be just like me and settle for the best preset you can find in a pedal. LOL
Yes for all my bull ...I just want it done for me
Still ...there are times on a tune even with 15 OD's I could really use this pedal big time.

The pic clearly shows all the many parameters you have... a massive amount of EQ and I expect clipping diodes to add a bit of nasty to your overdriven transistors.



The lady in the family does the great graphics so you have an endless choice of artwork.
to choose from.


I have never seen so many video's made on one pedal ...dozens



....I do not know if these videos show
it's best features as with so many to choose from I had O. Deed
(pun intended) after checking out these.

CODA

You can in theory create a personal tone on it...that if put beside the same pedal someone else has and both are recorded it would sound like both players owned an entirely different brand of pedal.
Dr. Scientist does not design your sound ...you do!!!!
That is indeed ...cool!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the share, looks really cool. Love reading your blog, keep up the posts!
    Margot

    ReplyDelete