Saturday, July 9, 2016

THE ANANASHEAD STORY....THE GREAT BIG LITTLE GUY! (incl. Part 2)



The hero of our story is Pedro Garcia....thanks to him we all can own a gourmet clone pedal. An accurately made clone of the best classic pedals ever made. You do not have to be rich to get his very high quality pedals they are usually $80.00 USD or less. Yes...they are pedals that STOMP BOX STEALS can very highly recommend. They are all what I call the... ' KEEPER'  category ...they will still be sitting on your board years from now beside other of the best gourmet...new design type pedals costing hundreds that you have accumulated.

BUT...the guy needs to make a living.  Let's not loose this great source for affordable gems.
I bought a $350.00 USD fuzz...it is very nice...I have no intent of getting rid of it.
BUT
I have an $80.00 USD that Pedro made me...and I love it just as much!!! My bass player also an avid pedal user was blown away!!!

In short...all things have a PRICE....all things have a VALUE....do not confuse the two...they are not always the same.

This story is incomplete. I will write to Pedro and see if he can give us some history.

so...for now check it out ...and if you missed the UNIVOX post check that out too.It shows how the long journey that ended with this Post.

I would like to thank all the Spanish players that have dropped by.
in fact I now have more of you guys from Spain then Americans. 

You guys should be proud of Ananashead...Spanish made world class pedals with a sound second to none...the very best...simply from the quality of the product.

Your country is seeing hard times...but guys like Pedro
show the world that you guys don't need even a lot of capital to produce the very,very best.
So I salute you. WELL DONE!!!  WELL DONE!!!  WELL DONE!!!



THE ANANASHEAD STORY


I found out about this gourmet on a budget maker by accident.I was reading up on the UNIVOX
SUPER-FUZZ and there turned out to be more then  a dozen or more clones. After listening ....comparing and pricing them. Two stood out. The $200.00 USD Watson and the Ananashead.
The Watson is a souped up jobbie with the clunk and slop removed. Pretty to look at...and impossible to get a bad sound. The Ananashead  $79.00 USD...is unpainted with a sticker for the labeling... an original ...dead on clone ....this means...with lots of warts and break up ...even volume shifts to work around.
BUT
once you find the sweet spot....WOW!!!!

So who are Ananashead.....

It should be who is...
It is Pedro Garcia of Barcelona Spain....He runs a one man show



He makes clones of many vintage pedals. Keeping the price down with simple but plain sturdy aluminium box using quality parts to keep down the noise ....but using transistors and diodes etc. that are new...old stock. In short parts exact to the originals. Keeping things self contained...without commercial facilities ...and being a one man show has kept the prices down.

PART 2...THE LETTER

I recently got a letter from Pedro. I had asked him for a history of himself as it is interesting to know
how such talented and creative people got into the pedal biz.
Pedro has been playing guitar for 30 years. Like all of us he dreamed of creating his own music and 
taking it to the top. In the 90's he became sidetracked by doing the college thing ....taking sound engineering and radio production. While doing an apprenticeship tie in with a retail guitar/music store he became curious with pedals.
He made his first pedal a Fuzz Face.  He felt this was really just a distraction as he was more involved with Hardcore and Metal music and preferred to stick with the purity of a JCM 800 run flat out.
After some time he became frustrated with his personal playing and career progress. He decided to give it all a break. After 2 years he got drawn back in when he became curious about how Dave Gilmore was getting such a great Strat sound. This started him tinkering around with pedals. The first were for himself ...then for friends ...and soon we were all offered his unique take on classic pedals.
This brings us up to date. You can find his pedals on YouTube ...E bay ...Facebook and Reverb.










When it comes to vintage clones of classic pedals ...if you can think of it Pedro makes one.
I bought the Univox Fuzz-Master clone...Read the UNIVOX SUPER-FUZZ Post....for the whole story.

I have the Super-Fuzz...I have paid over $320.00 USD for a fuzz...and my Ananashead fuzz at $80.00 USD is just as thrilling to play through.
There are vintage Fuzz clones selling on-line for over $500.00 USD....and you can get one here for under $80.00 USD.

When it comes to classic Fuzz boxes if you can think of it Pedro makes it.

VIDS....and not all of them either...

have fun checking them out....I did!


                                    SUPER-FUZZ...





 PINK FLOYD.....?     I THINK SO !



THE FIRST OF THE FUZZ FACE PEDALS the Germanium model



Fuzz Face ...Silicon
Jimi Hendrix?   Yes!!!




 THE TONEBENDER MK I ...

The true beginning of the overdrive concept



THERE ARE MORE>>>on YouTube....check 'm out

Note: the Vids are not polished pro ...OH WOW!  sh@t.  With the big names you have to keep in mind what you get could be great but not mind blowing. 
On the flipside the Ananashead pedals  sound even better then they sound in the Vids.
I can not imagine someone playing one for the the first time not breaking out with a big smug smile...when they got such a gret pedal for so little coin!


Tomorrow is the start of August. I have had my Super Fuzz for awhile now...I should be bored with it even if I still think It is a great pedal. BUT...I still get a buzz from plying it. It has become my musical friend.

Hey...do yourself a favour 

TRUST ME....JUST BUY ONE! 

8/28/2016
When you get a great pedal...it not only sounds good it has character and personality...
I find that teaming up my Super Fuzz with my EH Pog octave pedal can create a sound that is 
ridiculously huge...but never tiresome. simple riffs and power chords become a tsunami of sound.
Just dead thrilling !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment