Saturday, May 27, 2023

GUITAR- FENDER JOHN 5 GHOST___ NEW ___ odd one off or ...shapes of things to come

FENDER TELECASTER| JOHN 5 GHOST

I expect it will not last. It offends everyone. The guys that want classic, want classic and the others that are just as conservative want a pointy guitar. Pointy guitars were only cutting edge when you could not buy electric automobile as a family car. No amount new of paint finishes will change that. It is the old adage ..you can put lipstick of a pig but ... lol.

It is all about marketing. Players will go out of their way to go to a shop to see one and thousands will come home with a standard Tele even though they never had it in their mind to buy a guitar. This guitar should have really been brought out as a MIM or better still a Squier for the obvious reason$.

$3000.00 USD

CONCLUSION
What I see in this guitar is really part of a trend to take the look of
guitars of the 50's Kay, Harmony, Danelectro and Supro Stateside and the European guitars of that era as well and borrow the shapes and vibe but update the neck carve, hardware pickups etc. for the modern player.

60,s Goya
I own 10 guitars and have found a few rarities that were re-produced or made as a new retro guitar. They however failed to upgrade the playability so I have done just that.
Lace Cybercaster
This Lace is a proto-type of a guitar designed by Grover Jackson and 2 were were made for Lace Pick-ups. They made a second with 2 Lace HB's as well. They decided to get 2 of each made for a show but no one wanted the one PU. So Chicago Music were given the one PU to dump for them. I got the second of the two. The pickup I wanted to put in is a Duncan Pearly Gates in red, handwound by the Custom Shop however any color other than black or cream was off limits. It was only used for Billy Gibbons personal guitars. I kept coming up with a way to get one and pestered the crap out of them for about 3 months. Seymour told Billy about me when he came by to scoop up his colored bobbin Pearlies  I was probably described as a crazy guy that would not give up. Billy laughed and told Seymour to ship me one of his. The PU is a hand wound Pearly Gates that sounds just like one you can buy but has more overtones in the high end that just shimmer.

GUILD 
Were first to sneak in the back door of a new trend.
What they should do is shock the world and put a Floyd on one. A guitar that some new young shredder will play and upset the status quo of the present Metal scene.

2 comments:

  1. this Fender model seems like a Tele-Version of the Gibson Buckethead Signature Les Paul. Maybe you could upload a rundown of your 10 guitars? I'd love to know, why you stick to which.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my Post __ PEDAL BOARD + 10 GUITARS __it covers the general reasons for my choices.

    I have been in general good health but at 76 I fatigue faster and when I do I have less focus. A live gig requires loading, driving to the gig unloading then setting up before playing. I think nothing of it but once on stage I am doing all the vocals and guitar. The guitar parts are quite complex. I seldom play 2 bars of music without changing to an inversion, or another chord or a riff leading to the next chord etc. I even have some tunes with a 32 bar melody very much like a 17th century classical piece. It is a kind of Beethoven meets Brian May approach on Queens Bohemian Rhapsody. Tunes like this are a bitch, lol. I always open my gigs with one. It always gets all eyes and a few mouths open and I get everyone's attention
    from the get go.
    I digress to get to the point. I am thinking of buying one guitar and just doing opening concert gigs using it & my board and the gear provided. I think perhaps a Charvel San Dimas Style 1 HH will work. I would change out the bridge PU to a hand wound PAF I got from Billy Gibbons and swap out the neck PU for a Gibson Firebird and convert the tone from cutting the highs to cutting the lows on it. The Firebird PU is designed to act like a Strat PU and it is incredibly chimey and near bell tone like.

    ReplyDelete