Tuesday, December 17, 2019

METAL PEDALS ...can a pedal 5 times cheaper than the leading seller be any good???

 REVV AMPLIFICATION G3 
vs.
 TC ELECTRONIC FANGS   

$60.00 USD
$300.00 USD

No doubt about it putting the 'Critic's Choice' Metal pedal against an entry level OD is perhaps a bit unfair ...but I just want to see how pro ...or not  the 'Fangs' is.
My first impression of the 'Fangs' was not good .But that was in June. There was only one credible reviewer checking it out.
 I know see in hindsight it was mediocre review at best. Since then I have had second thoughts!
Having Ola Englund do both couldn't be better ...or more fair

Conclusion
The Revv is great ...BUT!  5 times more expensive?
The Fangs does not sound out of placed or out classed!!! Damn impressive!!!
Impressive ...as in I ordered one!!!!

HEADS UP 

Rumour has it that it is a Boss Metal Zone. BULL! 
The Fangs is easily considerably warmer, 
fatter and more natural sounding.

HANDS ON ...


The first thing you notice is the pedal is built like a tank

...and has the look of a Fulltone pedal...very impressive
I like running my pedals at unity gain but this pedal wants 
you to push it past unity just a bit.  I have pads on my outputs 
so it is a pain to remember 
but...I have another pedal like this.
 It is a nuisance that's all.
On video I give it a 9.5 out of 10 but it is more like an 8.5.
I have the Wampler Tumnus that I rate the same LOL
but other guys gave it a 10.5 out of 10 LOL.
Seriously it is actually very good. I have other tunes where I will stack it and I expect it will be killer on those.
The sustain is just excellent so it is really fun to play!!!
So go for it!!!

TIP -
If you buy one put it it on fat and put all the the knobs on 2 o'clock
try it ...then tweak from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment