Thursday, September 10, 2026

FUZZ- SolidGoldFX Fuzzbox Bender Fuzz ___NEW ___punchy Tone Bender MKII clone

SOLIDGOLD FX
FUZZBOX ToneBenderMK2
$200.00 USD
Another modded classic from the guys that capture the vibe 
when they clone but literally fix and only fix problems with 
the original. The layout is Level, Gain, BIAS and Sag/input 
level. BIAS on the original was fixed so if it was not on the 
sweet spot it can sound very good but not great. A toggle 
switches from vintage to a modern sound.
     CONCLUSION __
SolidGold Fx have a following and they alone will 
scoop the first batch. I myself have their Fuzz Face
I can get a Fuzz going in OD tone without even
stacking it. It is a killer sound with a Tele.  
The Fuzzbox Vintage sound is to die for and 
the Modern takes it to never, ever-land!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Does sound great Paul - and you would have heard a few no doubt. Any favourite MKIIs over the years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Tola Kizilgun from Turkey makes the ...TOL RED Germanium Fuzz. It is a MK 2 made from NOS vintage germanium transistors. It sounds just a fraction different than the original Tone Bender but in an blindfold shoutout you wouldn't dare place a big bet which is the TOL and which is the real deal. It even comes in a heavy steel sloped top enclosure. I bought it new just a year ago for $130.00 USD ...and no $130 is not a typo, LOL I literally use over 70 pedals and if I had to choose my favourite of favourites this is it. The transistors are the real thing so they are great on an average day but can have a bad day or 'you died and went to heaven' day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one thanks, I remember that review you did

    ReplyDelete